Monday, January 11, 2010

Dentist!


Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE going to the dentist. I look forward to it every 6 months. So I was so excited when, at his two year check up, Dr. Talbot said that I should get Colton to the dentist sometime in the next year. I was ready to call and make an appt then but had to wait until January when I could sign him up for dental insurance. Today was the big day. Colton went to the dentist. I took him to Dr. Escue, the same dentist I went to from when I was little until he kicked me out at 22 years old. I was his oldest patient. I was getting Colton psyched to go to the dentist all month and it worked. He was excited. He played on the boat/fish tank that they have in the office and was just having a great time. The nurse came out and asked for "Booker" and Colton said, really loud, "Why did she says Boogers." It was a little embarrassing but I couldn't help but laugh. Then it was our turn. They took us back to a separate exam room. The nurse gave him a balloon which he was very excited about and then Dr. Escue came in. Colton laid on the table like a big boy and let the dr. look all in his mouth. He got a little aggitated but overall he did great. They didn't do a cleaning this time. They will do that in 6 months when he's a little older but his teeth look good and he has no cavities. That's my boy! We will continue to work on brushing and not just sucking on the toothpaste and then he will have his first cleaning in 6 months. So exciting!

No comments: