Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Milestones

Colton is talking up a storm lately and his favorite word seems to be "No." He knows what he wants and he is determined to get it. He is also very polite and picks up his toys when asked. His sleeping has GREATLY improved and the last two nights there has been absolutely no crying when it's time to go to bed. He will usually wake up at least once crying but it's pretty easy to calm him down and then he will sleep the rest of the night. The first night he went to bed at around 9 and woke up crying at 10:30 and then slept the rest of the night. Last night he woke up around 2 crying so I think each night will get later and later until he sleeps the night again. I don't mind him waking up. I just hated the crying when it was time for bed, but now that that has stopped (I hope!) it's much better. He is just a happy kid. Always smiling and laughing and playing around. He's very well - adjusted. He's also very sensitive. Last night, he was eating his grilled cheese and he just had a little piece left in his hand and Cleo reached up and took it from him so I swatted her. Colton was so upset and he kept pointing to her saying "EO, EO, EO" (He calls her EO). He was very concerned with whether or not she was ok. I didn't hit her hard, but he made me feel terrible! In other news, I kind of got a promotion at work. It didn't come with a pay raise (yet) but it makes me have a lot more job security. In Feb. I will be taking over the design and production of all eight of our communities newsletters. This is a huge job and I hope I can handle it. I'm looking forward to it because I love doing that kind of thing, but it will be a lot of work. I may even have to work late a couple of nights! (GASP!) At least until 5:30. :-)

1 comment:

Dave and Sarah said...

Congrats on the promotion! That is great news!